Please, print and fill out the registration form. After that e-mail or bring the form into the office by May 6th.
- Scholarships Available: JO Application for Scholarship and AHEPA Scholarship – J.O. 2018
JUNIOR OLYMPICS A Metropolis of Chicago Sponsored Event
When: May 25th, 26th, and 27th – Memorial Day Weekend
Participation open to: 7 year olds through Adult. The Olympics are held on Sts. Constantine and Helen in Palos HIlls, IL church grounds and at Stagg High School and Moraine Valley Community College on Memorial Day Weekend. (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Purpose: The Junior Olympics encourages athletic competition and fellowship on a Metropolis-wide scale. The program has the participation of over 35 Parishes on average with over 2,000 participants each year and consists of three days of sporting, social, and spiritual events. Activities: Events for the athletic participation are as follows:
- Track & Field: Boys and Girls, 7-18 years old.
- Swimming: Boys and Girls, 8-18 years old.
- 10-K Run: Boys, Girls and Adults, 13-99 years old.
- Tennis: Boys and Girls, 13-18 years old.
- Table Tennis: Boys and Girls, 13-18 years old.
- Chess: Boys and Girls, 8-18 years old.
- Checkers: Boys and Girls, 8-18 years old.
- Backgammon/Tavli: Boys and Girls, 8-18 years old
- Basketball: Boys and Girls, 7-13 years old.
- Soccer: Boys and Girls, 7-16 years old.
- Softball: Boys and Girls, 13-18 years old.
- Volleyball: Boys and Girls, 13-18 years old.
- Bowling: Boys and Girls, 13-18 years old.
- Wrestling: Boys and Girls, 9-18 years old.
Events for Special Needs children are also included.
Metropolis-wide concerns: Registration / Rosters – Dn. Chris Avramopoulos (312) 337-4130; Volunteers / Public Relations – Fr. Tom De Medeiros (708) 974-3400; Facility Concerns – Jim Stavrou (708) 974-3400; All Other Concerns – Borislav Dinkov (414) 461-9400